Passive Voice Exercises 3.




Make the following sentences ACTIVE:

  1. This road is being repaired.
  2. Saint Patrick is always admired.
  3. The house has been built from stone.
  4. The movie will be forgotten soon... I hope!
  5. The strangers were ordered to stand up.
  6. The guests will be shown the town.
  7. The teacher was listened to by the boys.
  8. She was given a good dictionary by her headmaster.
  9. Grammar schools in Spain are attended by many children.
  10. I don't like to be asked personal questions!
  11. The crops were spoiled by the storm.
  12. A taxi was called for.
KEY
  1. They are repairing the road.
  2. People always admire Saint Patrick.
  3. The have built the house from stone.
  4. I hope, the people will forget the film soon.
  5. Someone ordered the strangers to stand up.
  6. They will show the guests the town.
  7. The boys listened to the teacher.
  8. The headmaster gave her a good dictionary.
  9. Many children attend grammar schools in Spain.
  10. I don't like if they ask me personal questions.
  11. The storm spoiled the crops.
  12. They called for a taxi.