Pronouns exercises III.




Use the appropriate form of possessive prounouns in the following sentences:

  1. This book is (I). There is (I) name on it.
  2. She makes all (she) clothes herself.
  3. This demand of (tehy) is quite ridiculous.
  4. The children had had (they) tea. The Black Cat was late for (she) as usual, Peter and Mary Jane were having (they).
  5. She folded the letter and replaced it in (it) envelope.
  6. There's a ghastly article of (he) about it in this evening's paper.
  7. We can do (we) shopping before lunch.
  8. Jim said, ""Dear Barbara, we all felt with you. (you) distress was (we)."
  9. Then he stopped and pointed and said, 'Those are peas. I said, "We've got some peas, too". I expect (you) are bigger than (we)" - he said politely.
  10. Very well, Mom, I'll have (I) hair cut this afternoon.
  11. "This foolish girlfriend of (I) thinks I'm a great artist" - said he.
  12. He put (he) hand in (she).
  13. The man next door has been busy cutting the grass in (he) garden.
KEY
  1. mine, my
  2. her
  3. theirs
  4. their, hers, theirs,
  5. its
  6. his
  7. our
  8. your, ours
  9. yours, ours
  10. my
  11. mine
  12. his, ehers
  13. his