The Verb Exercises 11.: Present Perfect vs. Present Simple


Use the present perfect or the present simple in the following clauses of time referring to the future:

  1. I'll come back when I (to put) on a new suit.
  2. When she (to be) off duty she will go there.
  3. I must know where they are and I shall not rest till I (to see) them again.
  4. No more! - she shouted at the dog. But when I (to finish) you may have the bone!
  5. Go on with your photo. We'll have a look at it when we (to return) from the party.
  6. I'll hand your magazin over when I (to read) it.
  7. A: Has he gone? - Kate asked. B: No, he refuses to go till he (to see) you.
  8. I will not leave him till we (to talk) that thing out.
  9. Nobody knows you are here. You may stay here till you (to die).
  10. You won't think so when you (to see) a bit more of it.
  11. I'll lock the door when you (to go).
  12. When I (to wake) I'll go for a swim.
  13. I know that when she (to refuse) to help him he'll make some scene.
  14. I'll come when my guests (to go).
  15. Please, don't start watching CSI Miami till we (to have) dinner!
  16. You'll find it lonely here after the sun (to set).
  17. Look, call him up again when he (to finish) eating.
  18. You'll find, that you'll long for home when you (to leave) it.
  19. I'll keep that with me till we (to decide) what is to be done with that.
  20. I'll give you some sheets and crayons and let you make a picture when we (to ask) your mother - said the au pair to the little boy.
KEY
  1. have put
  2. is
  3. have seen
  4. have finished (or finish)
  5. return
  6. have read
  7. has seen
  8. have talked
  9. die
  10. have seen
  11. have gone
  12. wake
  13. refuses
  14. have gone
  15. have had
  16. has (sets)
  17. has finished
  18. have left
  19. decide
  20. have asked